DIY Valentine’s Day Cupcake Liner Flowers
Valentine’s Day is approaching and there is nothing that complements a Magnolia Bakery Valentine’s Day cupcake better than a DIY paper cupcake liner flower. Our creative director, Linda Facci, has created these beautiful decorations that are not only easy to make, but will look lovely as a centerpiece for your table, or as a topper for your Magnolia Bakery cupcakes.
- Gather Supplies To make a cupcake liner flower, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Cupcake liners of various colors (5-15 based on how many flowers you would like to create)
- Plastic coffee stirrers
- Small doilies (optional)
- Glue gun
- Pinking shears (optional)
- Fold one cupcake liner in half, and then fold in half again.
- Place coffee stirrer in center of liner.
- Add glue and fold in half.
- Scrunch and spread out the liner a bit.
- Poke a hole in the center of a new cupcake liner (with the end of the coffee stirrer or tip of your scissor) and slide it up the coffee stirrer under the first liner.
- Twist and scrunch the wrappers. Add a bit of tape to secure. Continue steps 6 & 7 two or three times depending on the fullness desired.
- Flatten out a green liner and cut out some leaf shapes. Use pinking shears to create a zig-zag texture. Glue the leaf to the bottom of the flower so it pokes out from the last layer.
- Paper liners work better than waxed liners because they are easier to fold.
- Try using the doily as one of the layers.
- Alternate the colors
- Place a bunch in a ball jar or vase.
- Cut stirrers in half and place on frosting of cupcake to use as a topper.