How to Make Your Own Clover Cupcake
Make St. Patrick’s Day your lucky day with a special clover cupcake! This is a simple cupcake decoration from our creative director, Linda Facci, that you can create on a “flat-top” iced cupcake.
To make a clover cupcake, you’ll need:
- Green Sanding Sugar
- A picture of a clover (approx. 1” wide) printed on cardstock
- Exacto Blade
- Print clover on card stock
- Cut out clover (save the cutout clover)
- Ice your cupcake with a flat top. As an option you can cover the sides of the cupcake with sanding sugar
- Center your die-cut cardstock on top of your cupcake
- Sprinkle your sugar on top of open area
- Lightly pat down the sugar
- Gently lift the cardstock to reveal your clover
- Admire (and eat) your very own clover cupcake!
- Make sure your cupcake is freshly iced. The sugar will better adhere to cupcake.
- If your icing has already dried, you can lightly pat some water on the area where the sugar will be placed.
- Try icing your cupcake in a different color such as yellow or mint green.
- Try coating the sides of your cupcake with white sugar.
- Save the cutout clover and do the reverse on the cupcake!